Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Catch up

Well there isnt alot we did during the school holidays so I think I could get it all in one blog
Thurs the 8th was Jeremiahs first day back at day care so Ruthie and I had a mother daughter day we went to the movies and saw Bedtime stories it was a really good movie and Ruth loved it. We both really liked the hamster he was sooo cute. Then it was shopping time for school clothes and stuff. They didn't even have half the stuff they had in the catalogues not to mention the stuff they did have were either too big or small they had size 3s what 3 yr old needs school clothes.

On the 13th I had a hospital appointment for baby that was fun that day was a 40 degree day lucky my appointment was early in the morning and they were running on time. I was able to make it home before the real heat set in. In this appointment they sent me off to make an appointment to see if the baby was breech and how big it actually was. I kept telling them that the baby was head down but they couldn't feel it. So to be on the safe side they made me go for an ultrasound.

The next day I had an appointment to see the anaesthetist because of the problems I had when I gave birth to Jeremiah they wanted to make sure that it didn't happen again (well try their best to prevent it) Mum came with me so she drove us into town to the hospital and then we caught the bus back. The kids loved it I think they liked getting out of the house as well as going on a b

I cant believe the amount of fights Ruth and Jeremiah had over the school holidays I don't know if it was just cos they didn't get to do much because of baby or if they were just being them. They were shocking sometimes it was one fight after another. So these school holidays I introduced the naughty chair not sure its actually making an affect to the kids at all cos their fighting and behaviour hasn't really changed allot but I guess in time we shall see.

On the 22nd I had my ultrasound that they wanted me to have and guess what the souvlakis head was down so of course I was right. But at first measure the baby's head was 33cm and that freaked me out i was only 34 and a half weeks i still had 5 and a bit to go its head was going to be huge. She did another measure and it was 31 so that wasn't too bad but with the size and the growth chart my baby was at 36 weeks which is like a week and a half ahead in growth but I bet u I'm not that lucky to have it a week and a half early if anything it will be a week late. They measured the weight too which is odd I don't know how they do that but at that point in time it was 6 pound which I thought was OK it means Ill prob have another 8 pound baby and I like that.I think 8 pound is not too small and not too big its just right lol.

Over the long weekend we didn't do much I wanted to get the house in order ready for School to start but we did go fishing on the Sunday night and that was funny Adrian wasn't even trying he just had the line in the water while he was sorting out a twist in the line and he caught a fish. The kids loved it we threw all of them back as they were all small but I was amazed that we actually caught anything usually we don't.

On Tuesday
I finally got my insulation in and its working a treat I thought it would help but it seems to be working really good so Im soooo happy about that YAY

Ruth is now back for her second day in YR 1 and loving it. I offered to pick her up early as it was going to be a really hot day but she really wanted to stay the whole day so that is what she is doing. Lucky for me nice Natasha is picking her up and bringing her home so I don't have to go out in the heat so Thanks Natasha. What a good choice I made sending them to the same school it has worked out good for the both of us when Natasha was pregnant and needed help I was able to take them to and from school and now Natasha is able to do the same for me.

Well that's all from me I have now caught up I wonder how long it will last :P
5 weeks left and counting ppl I cant wait
Love Ruth

2 comments:

Keekies said...

I can't believe you only have 5 weeks to go! Before we know it, you will have a 6 month old baby and Amy will be having hers! 6 pounds now sounds about right doesn't it? Have you been nesting?

I LOVE insulation too! I reckon it makes such a HUGE difference... bet your glad you got it for the crazy heat wave you guys are having!

The Good LookingVan Den Berks Blog said...

I know I so cant wait to have it out its just sooo hot and the baby sits in horrid postions.I think 6 pounds is right for our family but ppl usually have 6 pound babies but im not too fussed Im happy with an 8 pounder lol
I try and rest as much as I can but with this heat and the kids its hard
Yes I never realised how much difference insulation actually makes atm its not doing heaps as its sooooooo hot (hmmm can u tell Im hot) but the first reall hot day I managed till 230 before I put the air on but atm the house isnt cooling down at night as the weather is not getting cool at night I wounldnt mind the 40 degress if the nights were like 10 then we would have a chance to recover from the hot day and start all over again