Thursday, February 26, 2009

Last post before Souvlaki comes

Well lets start with things that have been happening lately
I went to hospital last Monday to get the final word on whats been going on with all these pains and if I do have preclempsia and lucky for me everything was fine which is what always happens to me. I wonder if it was all the chocolate I have been eating that helped when I found out I might have preclempsia I thought I should read up more about it and there were studies that showed that pregnant women eating chocolate helps prevent it so I thought it would be a good idea to start eating a bit of chocolate ( well maybe allot lol).
Most of the rest of the week was spent doing very little the pains were still there and they didn't know what they were so I just had to deal with it. My glasses finally gave way and to tell you the truth I really don't blame them they were not treated the best and I would only wear them when I really had too. But where they broke was not the best place and so I was without glasses and I quickly discovered how much I kinda needed them and used them so I made an appointment to get my eyes re checked and some new glasses. When I got there I had left my old glasses at home but I thought it wouldn't matter that much but it turned out they needed them with me being pregnant it can change your eye sight and so they needed to make sure that my eyes hadn't changed that much. Otherwise I would have to wait till after bubs was born and there is no way I would've lasted that long without glasses. Turns out there was like no difference in my eyes so that was good and now I have 2 pairs of glasses for the price of one and they seem to be doing the job.
Ruthie had her hospital appointment on Friday to see how she was going with the bladder spasms and how the tablets were going. It was a really good appointment turns out we can start taking her off the tablets now and she should be all fine YAY. We caught the bus home which is a nice little treat for the kids they love going on the bus and the train.
I have also been spending the past week getting the house ready for when I go into hospital for bubs its all getting so close who would've thought it has gone this fast. My biggest concern is Ruthie she has swimming the week I'm due which is next week. I'm worried that Adrian wont get her to school on time and who is going to do her hair Adrian doesn't know how to put hair up. I'm sure we can work something out and the chances of baby coming on the 2nd is highly unlikely (by the way Happy Birthday for that day Amy).
On Tue I went and got my legs waxed then meet up with Paula for lunch it was good to finally meet up with her I haven't seen her for like forever I love her but sometimes ppl amaze me. I know she hasn't given birth but it was funny for her to turn around and go what time on Monday is this baby coming out so I can come down LOL like baby's just come out on your due date and at a particular time. Plus with past history with me the chances of that are like zero which is so annoying but hay not much we can do about it they really shouldn't have a due date they should have a due week or something like that. I think it would make it a little easier on expectant parents that way when the day comes and goes they don't get too upset.
Thursday was my last hospital appointment which was great NO more going there and seeing ppl and getting poked and prodded and asked millions of questions. So ppl next week is it next time I will be writing about my little souvlaki except it might have a different name by then ;)
Today (Fri) I took miah to mums so she could give him a dad hair cut hehehe. Then mum took Miah and Charlie out for lunch to Maccas so that's where they are atm. Its so great that mum gets to spend time with the kids grandparents are so important to a kids life they are where they came from they are their heritage. Sometimes you can learn so much from them the other day I was thinking about Gpa and a few questions I wished I had asked him. Its a shame that allot of ppl miss out on that its such a great blessing to have grandparents in kids lives and to miss out on that is a shame but I guess everyone is different and I really need to remember that not everyone can be as lucky as I have been in my life and not everyone feels the same way about things.

Well better go and get a little rest in before mum brings the little cutie home
Chat to you all when Souvlaki comes ;)
Love you all and glad to have a great family like I do
Mwah
Ruth

1 comment:

Bryan, Amy, Michael, Tyler, Emily and Benjamin said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes :)

Good luck with Souvlaki and the birth. I hope it all goes well for you.